Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It's Not Always Fun & Games...

...but the past 5 days it was! Of course with all that playing, I didn't get a lot of digi work done. But it was for good reasons. Actually the BEST reasons in the world! Check it out:

Jackie and Dryst
My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson came down for a 5 day surprise visit!! They have never come down for 5 days before - heck we've been lucky to see them for 2 days at Christmas in the past. Needless to say, I wanted to spend every possible moment with them before they went back home late last night. While they were here we went to Como zoo, the beach, shopping, and just hung out and had fun.

We had a few minor jealousy issues while they were here cuz Amaya isn't use to mom and dad loving on another little kid. She wasn't exactly fond of sharing her spot in the center of our universe with her nephew, but overall she did ok (and honestly I think it was good for her). She is so funny though. Just a few weeks ago she would flat-out refuse to look at me for pics...she would run away when she saw me with the camera. But once I started taking pics of Dryst she suddenly turned into a little poser LOL. Every time I turned the camera her way she was waiting with a new pose for me to capture. For this next pic I told her to smile and she said in her best condescending tone of voice "Moooooom! Smiling makes it look too fake! Sheeeeesh!" LMAO!!
So here was her fabulous "candid posed" shot, which I love BTW:

Little Poser
I was trying to take pics from different angles than I usually do. I'll definitely have to do that more often cuz I think they look great. Here's a couple more of my favorites:

Amaya
Amaya

And here's one last pic of Amaya, Jackie, Dryst, and Josiah:

Group

Alrighty.....there's serious work to be done this week....so I'm gonna get to it now!

~Sheila

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

AWESOME! How fun is that? Those are great shots of Amaya too. That girl is a hoot!

6/06/2006 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... I love the red hair...what a cutie.... They make a great looking family! Congrats..
Since my son Jacob is now 18 and graduated high school...it's scary to think about who they will marry. We mom's can only hope and pray for the best, but they have to make the choice...it's good to see your daughter did good. Gives me hope! LOL

6/07/2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

it's SO hard for me to believe you're a grandma. I guess i've got my proof LOL Great pics!

6/07/2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home